5TH PASIG CATHOLIC MASS MEDIA AWARDS
CALLING ALL MEDIA MEMBERS OF LOCAL INSTITUTIONS; GOVERNMENT, SCHOOLS, ORGANIZATIONS AND PARISHES OF TAGUIG, PATEROS & PASIG UNDER THE
DIOCESE OF PASIG
5th PASIG CATHOLIC MASS MEDIA AWARDS
Calling for entries for the following categories:
- Best Newsletter or Magazine
- Best News, Opinion, or Feature Article
- Best News Photo
- Best Facebook or Twitter Account
- Best Website
- Best Video Documentary or Narrative (1-29:59 mins. For Short Film, and 30 mins. & up for Long Film)
- Grade School Level: Best Newsletter or Magazine; and Best News, Opinion or Feature Article
- Servus Dei Award (For Media Professionals in Pasig, Pateros, and Taguig
Who can join?
Any person or institution, religious or secular, governmental or non-governmental, parish and school, within the territory of the Diocese of Pasig may nominate or call the attention of the Diocese of Pasig to a meritorious media production. A person or institution may submit more than 1 entry in the each category. Entries need not be religious in nature nor the participants be exclusively Catholics.
What are the criteria for judging?
The judging is based on the promotion of any or all of the following values:
LOVE FOR GOD, LOVE FOR TRUTH, LOVE FOR FAMILY AND LIFE, LOVE FOR POSITIVE FILIPINO VALUES, AND LOVE FOR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT.
What is the time table?
All entries must be those of products released from March 2016 ‘til July 2017. Deadline for submission of entries is on September 8, 2017. The Screening of entries is from September 15, 2017 to October 6, 2017. The awards ceremony will be on October 14, 2017.
- TV documentaries or narratives (short or long production)
- Entries must be submitted on 5 HIGH RESOLUTION DVD copies and in protective cases.
- Each DVD must contain only 1 entry.
- Every DVD must contain a cue sheet indicating the title of the production, length, and category entered,
- Nominations must be submitted with ½ page synopsis of the entry.
- Print entries
- Entries must be submitted in the form of the ACTUAL PRINTED MATERIAL. Submit 5 original copies.
- For photo entries, Submit 5 photos on a board or cartolina together with actual printed material where the photo can be found. It should also contain the caption and the title that goes with the picture.
- If the entry is a regular column, submit 2 other articles apart from the official entry, of 5 copies.
- Internet / Facebook / Twitter entries
- The entries SHOULD still be existing on a website and easily accessible on the Internet until the presentation of the Awards.
- Submit 5 CD copies of the Homepage (the other pages are encouraged) which can be read by the browsers of the Internet.
- Each entry must have a corresponding website summary (5 copies) containing the rationale for creating the website / Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- The submitted materials become the property of the Diocese of Pasig.
- The exhibitors agree to show their productions on a Catholic TV station, reprinted in Catholic publication, and displayed on the Internet for promotional purposes.
- The PCMMA is not responsible for any material that may be damaged or lost in transit.
THE PASIG CATHOLIC MASS MEDIA AWARDS SECRETARIAT IS LOCATED AT IMMACULATE CONCEPCION CATHEDRAL, 1600 PASIG CITY, WITH TELEfax NO. (632) 696-6824.. NOMINATION FORMS CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE